Monday 24 February 2014

Hereditary nerdness: more miniatures painted by my son

Hello all,
Not only is it great fun to paint minis with the sons sitting next to me, but the oldest is also making great progress. Or at least I, the proud dad, thinks so.
Here are his last efforts - an old High Elf Spearman and a brutal Black Orc:

High elf, black orc, paint, plastic, how to,

Now remember he is only nine and has painted a handful of minis - I think he is doing great! He has also painted this Zombicide toxic zombie - I like his idea of a two-colour hair-do, very Venomesque.


It also something his friends are eager to participate in and makes for a nice break from the computer gaming and violent fighting that they otherwise seem to favour :-).


Anyways, stay tuned for a post on how I've gone from dreading the son and his friends ruining my brushes to being mellow about it - somthing that has involved incredible cheap brushes from China :-).

All the best,
Kasper

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see your young sons partaking and enjoying the hobby. Your oldest son's work shows quality painting - very crisp and clear. You may want to have him try giving the High Elf a wash or stain. I bet he'll enjoy seeing the results. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DeanM - you are correct that it could use some wash, but he had the Black Orc waiting in front of him and couldn't be bothered to finish the elf. I think next session I could persuade him to spend a few more minutes on the pansy elf :-)

      Delete
  2. I love seeing posts like this. It makes me hopeful for future gaming with my son ( he's 2 )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ghengis - you have something to look forward to! It is really nice and would top the list of "quality-time"-activities :-).

      Delete
  3. He's already a better painter than I am, oh dear.....................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Snickit - nonsense; the Black Orc is just a very forgiving mini :-). But he is making great progress and he might soon be allowed to paint some of my 'real' minis...

      Delete

You might also find this interesting:

Related Posts with Thumbnails