Thursday 10 March 2011

Old Skaven Madness - part 10 - Seer Bodyguard

Hello fellow rat-lovers! We better get some of the infantry done as well - there are a lot of them.

The models below are made up of some of the plastic sets that came out just as I stopped playing but the flexibility they offered was just amazing. They made all the conversions I had been doing easy and I loved it.  Especially after the plastic sets that I "grew up" with wherein the clanrats were as bland and boring as could be and the shape made conversions difficult. 
They might look a bit more like apes in their bodyform but I was in love with them anyways and the ease of building crazy stuff was amazing to me.

This is a unit of Temple Guards - the bodyguard of my Grey Seer. I can't remember if it was mentioned in the Skaven background or if I made it up, but my Seer had his own bodyguard made up of light coloured (as opposed to the overpriced Stormvermin - the bodyguard of the clan lord) tough battleproven Skaven. Well as much as you could expect of skavens :-). To represent their superior fighting skills I madly combined them with the Chaos Warrior plastic set and had a load of fun with that. 

First the champion, standard bearer and musician:

Stormvermin Converted
Stormvermin Converted
Skaven Stormvermin Converted
Stormvermin Converted
Skaven Stormvermin Converted
Skaven Stormvermin Converted
Skaven Stormvermin Converted
And the final shots of the entire unit - sporting all their captured equipment. This is about half the unit and when pushing the bell around they looked impressive - really representing the elite bodyguard who had been in a lot of fights.

All the best,
Kasper

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also find this interesting:

Related Posts with Thumbnails